5.22.2012

Dont, Don't! Don't You Want Me?

One of my favorite songs is "Don't You Want Me" by The Human League. It is a fantastic song. I sing it almost every day on my way to work. I sing the girl parts and the boy parts. Mostly I sing both because I am the only one in the car.

But also because the girl gets gypped with a smaller part. Totally not fair. Plus, I actually listened to the lyrics and the guy sounds a bit like a douche head. I mean, he goes around singing "Don't you want me?" Cocky.

I have asked Jeremiah to sing the man part of the song and he refuses. So I sing both when I am with him, too. This seems to disturb him slightly. Maybe because I use the deepest voice I can. 

It has been featured on Glee. And over the weekend when Jeremiah and I were watching Cyrus, it was on there. I totally knew Marissa was going to sing. So she and I sang together.

I thought I would provide you with the clips.

Cyrus:


Glee:


In case you were wondering, Drunk Emily, who makes an appearance approximately once a year, is quite similar to Drunk Rachel on Glee. There is a LOT of dancing. And singing. And laughing. 


p.s. It is almost my birthday.

p.p.s. Three more days of schools, yo!


No comments: