1.28.2011

What I Want to Write, But Can't

I was stopped recently by a co-worker who wanted to tell a story.  And they led with I mean, It started out as though Wait. It seemed as though it was going to relate to Crap. I would love (more than the extreme mint-chocolate ice cream available only at Albertson's, which I go to only for the extreme mint-chocolate ice cream) to be able to share some deets about co-workers. Nothing personal, no names,  just personalities. Nothing mean, even. Quirks, if you will. You'd all be like, "Yeah, I know someone like that, too." And we'd share a laugh.

Alas, I have to work here. And I like the people I work with. I really do. And I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, so the funny post about a co-worker will have to wait.

So that is why I can't tell you the quirkiness that occurred. Sigh. But I am TOTALLY open to hear YOUR quirky co-worker stories! You can leave it anonymous. Or not post at all. Because that happens a lot here, too.  And I'm learning to be okay with that. You're okay. I'm okay.


A Completely Unrelated Bathroom Update...
It's now week three of sharing a bathroom with A BOY. I'm not sure I'm cut out for sharing at all, let alone with a grody boy. I'll share other spaces, but bathrooms are off limits. I'm way out of my comfort zone, people. Like, we passed my comfort zone about a week ago. Zoomed past it at eighty miles an hour. It was a blur. Didn't even have time to say goodbye. I miss it.

Did I mention that I have issues with other people's germs? I do. I'd like to say it is because I catch everything that everyone else has, but it is more than that. Sadly. I won't go into details because I'd like for you to come back to my blog and read again. And not think I'm super weird.

So anyway, the bathroom is at a standstill because we're unable to find replacement strips for the shower. Such a simple thing, and yet...no.

Have a great weekend.

P.S. One of my students told me today that men can have babies. I was all, "Um, you might want to talk to someone at home about that."

No comments: