3.14.2011

11 in '11

To start the year off, I began with:
  1. Emmy and the Incredible Shrinking Rat  - This younger teen chapter book is a snoooooze for about the first fourth of the book. If you can get past those first fifty or so pages, you're golden. I liked the characters and the mystery.
  2. The Devil Wears Prada - Sigh. I also had trouble with this one near the beginning. First of all, I saw the movie first, which bothers me because then I picture the cast in my head while reading the book. Secondly, I loved the movie. I hated that the main character in the book was a hard-core chain smoker. And I felt smoking was slightly glamorized. And the bestie in the book? A raging alcoholic. So I found the book to be much darker than the movie. After I finished it (which has a completely different ending than the movie, by the way), I watched the movie. Again. Love me some Stanley Tucci.
So what is next? I'm not sure. I've got a bunch on hand, including one from Lisa Scottoline - and I LOVE a good mystery.

As always, I love suggestions. If not for my friend Diana's suggestion, I never would have even heard of Jen Lancaster (oh, the horror).

No comments: