10.05.2010

Ultimate Goals

The other night while I was sitting around with Boyfriend I told him that my ultimate goal in life was world domination. Boyfriend knows me quite well, and his response was along the lines of, "Hmmm...Okay." and then continuing along with whatever he was doing.

Because I am random and lofty-goaled, all at the same time.

Then at work my principal comes to me. She says all these nice things. Compliments. How wonderful I worked on a team. How I stayed on task. How I really represented where the school needed to be going. All these nice things. I couldn't help it, I purred. And when she asked me to join an intervention team at school, I folded. I'm a work slut. Say nice things to me and I'm yours.

I went home and sat across from Boyfriend to play Bananagrams (which is the best game EVER - it's like Scrabble except you are mostly competing with yourself - you only play off of your tiles). He was all, "What's up?" and I informed him that I had been suckered into more stuff at work by being on this team thing.

He's quiet for a minute. Plays his tiles. Looks up and says, "This will be great on your resume for that world domination gig you wanted."

So true. Thanks for keeping my eyes on the prize.



P.S. What I'm listening to now: Weezer, self-titled. Particular favorites include the well-known "Buddy Holly" which is all about not frontin' (I say this in a completely silly and nerd girl way) and goes something like this: "OOO EEE OOO I look just like Buddy Holly Oh Oh and you're Mary Tyler Moore. I don't care what they say about us anyway."
The other song I'm in heart with right now "Undone: The Sweater Song" Slightly less popular, but still a hit. Talk singing all the way. I want to be skater cool. I also want the nineties back, which is evident by my music choice.

What's everyone else listening to?


P.P.S. A work slut is different than a slut at work. Just thought I should point that out.

No comments: