10.22.2010

My $37 Chair.

Okay. I bought this chair awhile ago at Target. Remember?

And I said that I would make a slipcover thing for it. Remember??

Well, I finally did.

I bought some heavy fabric at Jo-Anne's. It was on clearance and then fifty percent off of that price. Score. $12. Total.
I didn't measure anything. I just kind of cut the shape, hemmed, did the corners, etc. I did make one mistake and had to fix it, but that is neither here nor there. The top/back of the chair was the easiest thing. I made sure the fabric was facing the same direction as the seat, then sewed it up like a pillow case.
And voila! Chair slipcover. Not too bad, if I do say so myself.

Anyone else working on some sewing or crafting?

P.S. Thanks so much for everyone that is voting for me. The odds are so slim, I know, but it means a lot that people are still taking the time to vote for me.

No comments: