2.05.2011

Oops.

Every time I hear a stranger refer to their husband as "hubs" or "hubby" or "DH" I throw up a little in my mouth.

Just a little.

p.s. In case you are unfamiliar (like I was. I wish I retained that innocence.), DH = dear husband.


I don't think it bothers me as much when I know the HUSBAND. But I can't think of any friends that use those words anyway.

p.p.s. Jeremiah said that I probably just lost half my readers. First of all, my mom is my reader and you can't really divide her in half. Secondly, she doesn't call my dad "hubs" or "hubby" or "dh". 

But seriously - thirdly, (and most importantly & honestly) Humor and conversation can both develop from conflict. I'm sure there are things that I do that others find disturbing. And that's okay. Let's laugh about it, shall we? And you can comment and tell me why you call your husband "hubs" and why I'm a meanie for yakking about it.  I'll listen. Promise.

No comments: