2.03.2011

10 in '10, Revisited

Remember this post:
http://michigandersinaz.blogspot.com/2010/04/10-in-10-update.html?

Well, I finished off the year reading well over ten books, but not hitting the lofty goal of twenty.

To recap:
10. Marley & Me - I forget the author
9. Plum Lucky - Evanovich
8. Plum Spooky - Evanovich
7. Bright Lights, Big Ass -Lancaster

and newer reads:
6. A Sucky Book About PLC Interventions - I had to read it for work but it still totally counts. What a snooze.
5. A Sucky Book for the Suckiest Class Ever - The worst class I ever took offered me the worst book I've ever read. And I've read some sucky & difficult books (um, history of France in FRENCH? Sucky.).
4. My Fair Lazy - Lancaster - So darn funny.
3. Pretty in Plaid - Lancaster - Reflections of her road to adulthood.
2. Such a Pretty Fat - Lancaster - Hilarious. Actual lol'ing occurred.
1. Bitter is the New Black  - Lancaster - Hilarious, Disturbing, and Touching

Extras:
~ Sizzling Sixteen - Evanovich - Just okay. Didn't live up to my expectations. So sad.
~ Almost French - Turnbull - Interesting, especially if you're into France & the French.
~ Hate That Cat - Creech - It's in a story-telling poem form, and it is for older kids. I loved it. Very sweet. It is a sequel to her book Love That Dog. Warning, both will make you cry. 

Yes, you may have noticed a theme. That of Lancaster. She makes me laugh. She makes me want to be a better writer. She lives in my favorite city. She's snarky and honest and I love her style. If you are offended by swearing, she's probably not for you. Just sayin'. And here's her website, if interested: http://www.jennsylvania.com/

I am attempting a similar goal for this year - 11 in '11. We'll see. And if anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them. Please share!



p.s. Books I'm already looking at:
  • Emmy and the Incredible Shrinking Rat
  • How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents, which goes along with the incredibly moving story, In the Time of the Butterflies (Which I read and loved and had a wonderful hard-copy version, loaned out, and was promptly lost. And not returned. So sad.)
  • The Devil Wears Prada - Love the movie, want to love the book
  • The Calder Game - Which I started last year and didn't finish. 
Update, because I forgot this one:
p.p.s. I also read Flawed Dogs: The Novel: The Shocking Raid on Westminster, by Berkley Breathed. It broke my heart. I read it in a day because I kept hoping there would be something happy happening soon. I actually SOBBED. And it is a chapter book for kids. Not young kids. But still. Kids. Teens. 

    No comments: